As a lifelong resident of Carroll County, I have spent most of my life volunteering and serving on various committees. Spending countless hours serving various organizations and community activities, I believe I am in touch with the real needs of the citizens of Carroll County.
I am your current District 1 commissioner and it has been a pleasure serving you and the citizens of Carroll County since 2015. Honored to have been selected by the hardworking people of Carroll County, I ask for your support again in this 2018 campaign.
- A leader with 41 years of volunteer community service, proven, collaborate, effective leadership and integrity
- Committed to conservative government with open communication, focused on local issues
- Ready to go to work for all citizens, across party lines, being present and prepared at Commissioner meetings
- Supported by organizations made up of the hard-working teachers, firefighters, and law enforcement who work live and pay taxes in this county
- Committed to providing quality public education ensuring public safety, and maintaining county infrastructure, without raising taxes. Preserving quality education is essential to attracting business and providing tax base for future stability
- A small business owner in Carroll County since 1983
- In support of our nonprofits, families, seniors, military, and veterans in need
I believe in:
- A Vision – as an elected official I will continue to provide leadership, experience, and open dialogue
- Protecting Carroll’s Future – listening to the issues and making sound decisions, while working for my constituents, will provide a bright future for our county
- Responding To Carroll’s Future – we have an obligation to provide quality education, ensure public safety, and maintain our county infrastructure. We have the duty to promote the economic, social, and environmental well being of our communities.
- Learn more about my education, employment history,
and community service on the About Steve page.
I am married to my wonderful wife Kathy. We have two daughters and three grandchildren. I retired from the Baltimore County Fire Department after a thirty-year career and has been involved with fire and emergency services in Carroll Carroll since 1976.
Prior to my election in 2014, I served on numerous committees including Carroll 2030 and have been involved in many aspects of local government. I was also a small business owner since 1983 up until receiving your vote and becoming your commissioner.
Time continues to fly. The June elections will be here before you know it. I will continue to provide the county with effective leadership. Integrity, accountability, honesty, open communication, collaboration and engaging people to reach common goals are cornerstones to my leadership. I will continue to protect the needs of all citizens and maintain excellent public safety, infrastructure, and excellent public education in a conservative and fiscally responsible manner. I understand that many agencies and non-profits are underfunded and will continue to work with the other commissioners to reach common goals and do what is best for our county. Together we can continue to make it happen. Please continue to support my campaign by talking with everyone you can. I would love to hear from you with your thoughts on how we can make Our County A Better Place To Live For You and Your Family.